Our Commitment to Privacy
Gentil Pty Ltd (ACN 658 180 173) its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
We are a female-led holistic health brand creating effective and natural daily lifestyle products for health and wellbeing in respect of women’s intimate health. Our vision is to provide a range of affordable, accessible and premium multi-purpose solutions that support and re-imagine women’s intimate health and wellness.
What information do we collect about you?
We obtain personal information about you when you visit our Website and when you contact us.
You may provide us with basic information such as your name, date of birth, phone number, postal address and email address.
We may also collect additional personal information that you provide to us, or authorise us to collect, as part of your interactions and transactions with us.
Your credit card or bank account details (where you pay for any products or services by credit card, debit card, electronic transfer or direct debit) may be stored by Shopify.
If you elect to pay using a third-party platform such as Paypal etc, your purchase will be processed externally by that third party. You should refer to their privacy policies to understand what information they collect and how they treat your personal information. We take no responsibility and have no control over the business practices and/or privacy policies of any third party payment platforms.
We may collect personal information which may include the following:
- Your personal details including your name, marital status, gender, age, occupation/profession and/or employment details (past and present).
- Your contact details including your mobile and/or landline number, email and delivery/home address.
- Your health information such as health/medical history, treatments/medications (including conventional and/or complementary medicine treatments/medications), family history, risk factors and other relevant health and wellbeing/lifestyle factors.
- Any other information you provide to us including in respect of your purchases/transaction and interactions our Website and/or us online via social media or other platforms including in respect of your computer and connection information.
How do we collect your personal information?
Direct interactions: We collect information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access/visit our Website, interact on our social media pages, use a contact form, telephone us or send us an email and when we provide our products or services to you. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, such as third parties.
You can use the settings in your browser to control how your browser deals with cookies. However, in doing so, you may be unable to access certain pages or content on our Website.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We collect personal information as reasonably necessary to carry out our business, which may include (but is not limited to):
- delivery of our products and/or services;
- contacting and communicating with you including responding to queries, complaints and feedback from you;
- providing after-sale customer service and/or customer support services;
- to ensure the proper functioning of our Website, our business and operations (including taking steps to prevent fraud and/or abuse of our Website and/or business systems);
- to assist us with marketing, product and service development and research requirements to enable us to provide you with better products and/or services;
- to maintain a database of subscribers and customers (or similar) who wish to receive information, educational materials and/or advertising, marketing and promotional materials from us from time to time;
- to comply with relevant legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- to manage our business relationship with you;
- advertising and marketing our products and services including direct marketing and to request that you enter or engage in marketing surveys and/or competitions; and
- for any other reasonable purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection of your personal information or that you otherwise authorise us to do.
Please see the “sensitive information” definition and our related collection/disclosure policy set out below.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
- We may disclose personal information to third party service providers within or outside of Australia who provide services to us. These might include third party payment processing businesses. If so, we will take reasonable steps to request that each third party service provider agree not to use the personal information provided to them other than as necessary to provide the relevant services to us.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information where we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal requirement or law.
- If there is a change of control in our business (for example a sale of the business) your personal information could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under a confidentiality agreement.
- We may share your personal information with related and affiliated companies located in Australia and overseas.
- We may disclose personal information when we determine, in good faith, that it is reasonably necessary to do so to mitigate or prevent a significant threat to threat to you, us or our users and/or when it is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and/or pursue/enforce our terms and pursue available legal remedies.
- We may use and disclose your personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection with your consent.
Do we use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing?
When you provide us with your contact details, you give your consent to us using your personal information to provide you with information and content and to tell you about things which we consider may be of interest to you, including by post, email, SMS, messaging applications and telephone (Direct Marketing Communications).
If at any time you do not wish to receive any further Direct Marketing Communications you can use the “unsubscribe” facility included in the Direct Marketing Communication or by contacting us at the details set out at the end of this document.
If you opt-out of receiving our Direct Marketing Communications, we may still contact you in respect of our ongoing relationship with you.
Do we disclose your personal information overseas?
Any personal information collected and held by us may be disclosed to, and held at, a destination outside Australia.
By submitting your personal information to us, you expressly consent to the disclosure, transfer, storing or processing of your personal information outside of Australia. In providing this consent, you understand and acknowledge that countries outside of Australia do not always have the same privacy protection obligations as Australia in relation to personal information.
You consent to us providing your personal information to recipients outside of Australia even though that recipient is not bound by the Privacy Act, will not be accountable to you or to us for breaches of the Privacy Act and you will not have the redress options available to you under the Privacy Act.
If you do not agree to the transfer of your personal information outside of Australia, please either do not provide us with your personal information or contact us via the details set out at the end of this document.
Sensitive information (collection and disclosure)
Section 6 of the Privacy Act defines “sensitive information” as “information or an opinion in respect of an individual's racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; membership of a political association; religious beliefs or affiliations; philosophical beliefs; membership of a professional or trade associations; membership of a trade union; sexual orientation or practices; criminal record; health information about an individual; genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information; biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification; biometric templates”.
Given the nature of our business, we may collect sensitive information in respect of you (for example: health information). We will only use and/or disclose your sensitive information for the purpose for which you provided it to us (the Primary Purpose). Any sensitive information provide by you will only be used by us in respect of the following:
- For the Primary Purpose upon which the personal information was provided to us;
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the Primary Purpose;
- With your consent or where it is required or authorised by law.
Can you deal with us anonymously?
Providing us with your personal information is optional and you may be able to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when interacting with us. However, it may not always be possible for this to occur especially if we are providing you with products or services. We will endeavour to inform you if you are unable to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym when dealing with us.
How do we hold and protect your personal information?
We are committed to ensuring the safety and security of your personal information. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, managerial and organisational precautions and security to safeguard and secure your personal information (including sensitive information).
To the extent permitted by law, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for its purpose of collection other than where we may have a legal obligation to retain such information such as your health information.
When you provide us with personal information, such information may be collected and stored on servers outside of Australia (and its territories). In such circumstances, we are not always aware in which country or countries your information may be accessed, held or stored.
Notwithstanding our best efforts to securely and safely store your personal information, due to the technical nature of online communications and the internet, generally, we are unable to guarantee the safety, privacy and/or confidentiality of your personal information.
The Website may contain links to third-party websites for your information or convenience. We do not have any control over and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to our Website and are not responsible in any way for the protection and/or privacy of any personal information you may provide while visiting any of those third party websites. You access and use any linked website at your own risk. You should read the privacy policies on any linked website and only access and use the linked websites if you agree to the terms of those privacy policies.
How can you access or seek correction of your personal information?
You can request access to any personal information relating to you which we hold. You can also request that we correct any information we hold if it is inaccurate or incomplete or otherwise needs to be updated.
Please let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information (such as your name or address).
Please contact us via the details set out at the end of this document if you wish to access or correct any personal information we have about you.
You may request that we delete or destroy any personal information we have about you. If so, we will endeavour to do so noting that it may be practically impossible for us to entirely delete all of your personal information from our records. We will, however, functionally delete the information and not sell, transfer or otherwise use your personal information in the future.
We will respond to any request for access to your personal information in a reasonable timeframe and will not charge for such access (other to recoup any costs for providing you with a copy of that information). We may need to properly identify you before we will release any personal information to you.
What if you have a complaint?
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the website, www.oaic.gov.au.
How can you contact us?
Our contact details are:
G11, 283 Alfred St, NSW 2060